Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eleven Days

While at the drive-in movies with one of my friends I came to a realization. In less than two weeks I will be traveling across the country, leaving behind my family, friends and everything which is familiar to go to a college 2000 miles away, the campus of which I haven't ever seen.

What on EARTH have I got myself into???

I'm not ready to grow up, be mature, or responsible! I still forget to get my clothes out of the dryer when they are done and don't get me started on ironing. I love to spend all day in my pajamas, and color Disney Princess Coloring books. I love nap-time and fairy-tales and the occasional chocolate cupcake for breakfast. Also, the library in Buena Vista leaves much to be desired.

But the tickets are bought, tuition is paid, text books are ordered and I have 3 roommates who expect me to show up to school on the 25th. I have coaches waiting to see me, teachers awaiting my arivial and an admissions advisor who has helped so much in getting me here that I am pretty sure she would come to my house and drag me to college whether I wanted to go or not. So I may as well make the best of it.


Besides I can still bring my coloring books.

No comments:

Post a Comment