Thursday, December 2, 2010

Miles to go before I sleep

 How on earth does the body know to get sick at the exact worste time? Finals are in two weeks and final papers are less than a week from being due. Why does my nose choose now to feel stuffy and my throat to feel raw? Do they not realize that I have a parade that I must be in tonight? That is outside...in the cold and humid night-time weather and that I have to sing!

I have been hauling around a box of tissues, wanting to go to bed and sniffling all day. I am not the only one, stress induced colds seem to be sweeping across the campus. I thought I would be safe this time around because...well I realized that my grades are in a good place and I will pass all of my classes even if I fail all my finals so no stress for me!

Yet sadly that is not to be. Tonight, I will be walking in a parade, then running back to my room, turning up the heat drinking lots and lots of herbal tea then going to bed.

Unfortunately, I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment