Friday, September 10, 2010

Laundry and other boring pursuits.

So I have to be all responsible and stuff now that I am an "adult" so I am sitting here waiting patiently for my laundry to be done so I can have some jeans to wear to a concert I want to go to tonight. Did you know that about 50 girls share one set of a washer and dryer! It's terrible. Thankfully I don't have too much of a life as of yet so I am free friday and saturday nights when no one else is so I can do my laundry. I kinda like it which is weird. But the sound is soothing, and it's quiet here. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to find a quiet spot when there are almost 300 girls living in the same place!!!

Yay! Wash is done! be right back...

...And...we're good! There are times when I wish I didn't have so much pink in my wardrobe then I wouldn't have to do a separate wash for reds. But I have to so I might as well get used to it.

So, what have I been up to? I have been attempting to figure out Hamlet's tragic flaw. And really I had no desire to be boring and say his "inability to act" like everybody else does because I don't know about you but if a ghost told me to do something like...I don't know kill a king! I would be a little hesitant as well. So I was reading it again looking for something, anything to write a paper on and he started to remind me of Raskolnikov. You remember dear old Rodya don't you. The double axe-murderer who you feel bad for from Crime and Punishment Yeah that guy. So I think his problem is he thinks too much which is bad to do when you are depressed. If he had joined a club or something or had gone back to school he probably would have been fine. But since he didn't have anything to do but brood he went a little crazy and lost it and everyone died.

Wow...I bet you didn't want to know that but that was my thought for the day. Or at least one of them. I like thinking don't you...oh dear what if I turn out like Hamlet or Rask. I had better go do something. But the concert isn't for another hour so I will have to wait.

So I have made some awesome friends here. (Shout out to rm 215!!!) and because of them I didn't get home until midnight last night and was unable to complete my Iliad homework. I think I should go and do that. It's a great book by the way! I love it though it is a little you know - violent and graphic and stuff but if you look past that it can be a pretty great story.

I really feel like I should be putting pictures up or something but I am still figuring all of that stuff out. I shall have my roommate Mel teach me how to do that tomorrow for now...oh well.

Gotta Go! I have over 200 pages to read (yikes!) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment